Od[force]v5

Marc

Hi guys

I just wanted to clarify some things with the new site.

If you have previously added something to the codex, you will see that your entries are still there, and you have been pre-registered with a pretty generic name.

If you are one of those people and still intend on using the codex, please pm or email me and I will change your username to something more to your taste.

Thanks

Marc

It looks good! :)

One really minor problem. When going to the forum using Firefox v1.0.2 from a saved bookmark url (http://www.odforce.net/forum/), the layout is messed up. If I reload the page, then everything is fine. BUT this doesn't seem to happen all the time ... might be related to the fact when there is more than 1 forum which has new messages.

The gallery will be back too I assume. :)

Two notes:

1) I like the new logo -- however, were you aware that with PNG's you get true alpha (unlike .gif's)? Though I'm not sure IE supports it (but who uses IE anyway?) The logo would look better on the dark background with real alpha (IMO)

2) There seem to be layout problems with the new logo. When viewing the forum, my controls are way off to the right (past the forum discussions)

One really minor problem. When going to the forum using Firefox v1.0.2 from a saved bookmark url (http://www.odforce.net/forum/), the layout is messed up.

The gallery will be back too I assume. :)

17246[/snapback]

It did that for me now when I loaded it up (mozilla), but seemed fine after I reloaded. Could it be a cache thing?

The gallery will be back eventually. ;)

1)  I like the new logo -- however, were you aware that with PNG's you get true alpha (unlike .gif's)?  Though I'm not sure IE supports it (but who uses IE anyway?)  The logo would look better on the dark background with real alpha (IMO)

2)  There seem to be layout problems with the new logo.  When viewing the forum, my controls are way off to the right (past the forum discussions)

17248[/snapback]

Hey Crunch

Good points. I hadn't considered pngs for the logo because of IE, but then I've tossed out all caring about IE in the rest of the design, so I don't see why the logo should be any different.

As for #2.... perhaps its not a cache thing. I will remove the logo from the forum pending further investigation :).

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad you like it

M