Glue Network follow RBD object

Hi,

I'm experimenting with glue networks and am wanting a fractured cube, which I have 'glued' together with a constraint network, to fall.

I have a VDB set up that will delete the glue network IF the network is inside the VDB volume.

However, the glued cube falls, but the network stays in the original place.

How do I get the network to 'follow' the cube as it falls through the VDB so it can 'break up' during the fall?

I know I could use strength and keyframe that, but I want pieces to break up when they fall through a volume, or some other object.

Thanks,

Jim

testingGlueNetwork.hiplc

Hmm, that link only talked about how to delete a glue constraint using color. I know how to do that, and I'm deleting the constraint in a similar fashion, but instead of color, I'm using volume via a VDB and a group and delete SOP.

What' I'm trying to do is have my fractured box FALL through the VDB volume and that's what 'triggers' or 'deletes' the glue network.

It's not working because the box and the glue network aren't moving together. Not sure how to make that happen.

I tried making the glue network move in DOPS, but so far, no luck.

You don't see it moving because in sops the constraint network is not moving, but in your dopnet, in the simulation, the constraint is moving alongside your box every frame. If you just put your visibility flag in your box instead of your constraints you will see the box don't move neither, because you don't feed back the results of the sim.

I guess that you need to manipulate your constraint network in a sop solver in the dop level. In the sop solver you "merge" your spehere from sops, and you check the constraints there (you can access them from relationship geometry).

• 1 year later...

Hi,

recently ran into the same problem and found this thread. I took your setup (Juraj) and implemented it into mine.

Copied the sopsolver and wired everything correctly, i think, but it wont work. Checked everthing multiple times, but can't find any differneces.

Is there something i have overlooked?

[Sample File attached]

constraints_01.hipnc

hi,

i have checked your file jim what you did is just deleted the network using vdb that's why all your pieces having that network are breaking..nd i think u want your pieces to break in clusters kind of so for that you have to make a cluster on you your glue network by which you piece can detach from your original cube but still intact with other falling pieces and can break after the get hit on the ground....for clustering you can use glue cluster node for simple and break your cube as per dynamic impact without using manual deletion of network which will also delete your cluster attrib also for manual deletion you can use sop solver and play with you network...hope so this will help...thanks