Sup guys,

I've painted some stuff on an object and now I need to export this object to another software.
I've projected UVs properly on it and now I'd like to export this data as a bitmap.

I've found some info on sidefx forum saying this (on quote) but i'm quite new to shops and have no idea on what's going on there. Can anyone help me out with this, pls? 

Make a vex shader with one parameter Cd and connect that to the Cf output. Apply that to your geometry and then use the mantra -u option.

My main doubts are:
Should I do this in Shops?
What is the Cf output?
Use mantra -u  option? wut?

Thank you,
/Alvaro

Edited by ParticleSkull

You should be able to put a regular shader on it, get it to look how you want (look at the extra image planes to find your diffuse color with no shading), and then use the bake texture node to bake it to a map (you have to set the image planes on the bake texture as well that you want to output) . https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/out/baketexture

• Like 1

Hey Ian, thx! This was very helpful and I almost did it.

Right now i'm getting some black images and I guess it's comming from a transparency (not sure though). Weirdly (and I might be wrong) I think i've opened a file until it was fully rendered and I could see the whole thing but then it was gone and black. (nope, it's gettin' the uvs from from another block, on the right side in the uv view)

I've tried to save it on a lot of different formats but it doesn't worked. 

Not sure if this is correct but i'm using a Mantra Shader on the object. Here's an image showing the correct uv on the viewport and what I'm gettin' from the bake

Gkiib8Z.jpg

Edited by ParticleSkull

Hm, i've started the scene from scratch and now it's working :unsure:

It works using the constant shader (from Utility) but I guess that's not the best way to achieve this since it might not work on a situation where I have another shader. 

I've attached the scene file in case anyone also have this doubt.

Cheers,
Alvaro

Bake Diffuse.rar