Getting ocean mesh white and refractive in some areas

Hi guys :) i was recently playing with the ocean flip fluid effects and i am really confused how people render the ocean normally and in some areas (in high vel ones) they render the water white and refractive in a cool way !

like this picture below

Screenshot_2017-02-23_11-51-00.png

i tried to render vel pass and combine it but i didn't get it at all and i 've tried to render the high vel areas alone with a different shader but i couldn't reach it because i don't get the right refraction always :( . Can you help me guys i spent months of tries and renders without any benefit .

Click on the whitewater button then select your current flip object that resides in the AutoDopNetwork. This will create three new layers on top of your fluid. Bubbles, Foam and Spray. These three layers can have alternate materials applied.

1 hour ago, Atom said:

Click on the whitewater button then select your current flip object that resides in the AutoDopNetwork. This will create three new layers on top of your fluid. Bubbles, Foam and Spray. These three layers can have alternate materials applied.

surley i made a foam layer and spray ... 

but it doesn't give me what i want

Never tried that, still in your material shader you should be able to import the V attribute and use it to grade the water color. Otherwise to have more control, just create a V pass and use it as a mask in a grade. To do it dive into your shader and set the creation of a custom render pass.

vpass.png

10 hours ago, Diego A Grimaldi said:

Hey Anas, sometimes what I've seen done , you cull out on the main sim the mesh or particles with highest velocity that will be covered up my secondary sims (spray/splash/foam) and just cover that area with those.

It works great in many occasions

it works for the most cases but when i render a big object like a spaceship coming out of the water it doesn't work at all

You have multiple people in this thread trying to help you but, you keep responding with that doesn't work. Show us what your material network looks like. Post up your rendered results so far. Put up a .hip file of what you have so far. That part in your OP you have circled is just a velocity (aeration) pass.The thread that @Federico posted should help you with that and it even has hip files in there for you. Have you checked them out? Have you tried to implement what is in those threads in your own file yet? If so and it still isn't working, show us what isn't working for you.

2 hours ago, rbowden said:

You have multiple people in this thread trying to help you but, you keep responding with that doesn't work. Show us what your material network looks like. Post up your rendered results so far. Put up a .hip file of what you have so far. That part in your OP you have circled is just a velocity (aeration) pass.The thread that @Federico posted should help you with that and it even has hip files in there for you. Have you checked them out? Have you tried to implement what is in those threads in your own file yet? If so and it still isn't working, show us what isn't working for you.

Okay , thanks i will post everything here

I now recognized that I want to make a good light setup in order to render water correctly but when i just use a hdri light of a sky things becomes white and i have to put a big grid with a shader to refract and this don't give me what i want . I calculated vorticity and used it for diffuse in the basic liquid shader

Screenshot_2017-02-24_22-19-09.png

You can try with the scene files of this masterclass, to be honest once you have created a simple env light with a nice hdri you are pretty much done. A little advice could be to activate the render passes (diffuse, refl, refr) and see how much each of them influences the beauty and tweak the parameters.