Add FEM to animated object? (mixamo fbx)

caskal

8 hours ago, cudarsjanis said:

Use import taget geometry on solid object node.

And you can use pintoanimation parameter to pin exact points if you want to.

Thanks Janis, I dont know if im doing wrong but I went into the dop network and selected the animation fbx but keeps falling (because of fem) without taking the fbx animation, here is the scene and the fbx if you can check out would be great, thanks again

fbx.jpg

fbx_to_fem.hipnc.hip

running_inPlace_Mirrored.fbx

Hey,

From your print screen i can see you have attached it but kept the 'target stiffness' at zero. Bump it to something like 10000000 and you should start seeing your geo trying to match your animated ref.

It describes how much will your sim geo gonna try to match the target geo.

Hope it helps,

M

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msyugo said:

Hey,

From your print screen i can see you have attached it but kept the 'target stiffness' at zero. Bump it to something like 10000000 and you should start seeing your geo trying to match your animated ref.

It describes how much will your sim geo gonna try to match the target geo.

Hope it helps,

M

GENIUS! thanks so much, finally got this working, cheers! 

Marcello is right  Increase target stiffness. Plus in your setup your target geo is changing topology all the time.

You should put timeshift node with $RFSTART and  then use point deform to make this move with the animation without changing topology.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cudarsjanis said:

Marcello is right  Increase target stiffness. Plus in your setup your target geo is changing topology all the time.

You should put timeshift node with $RFSTART and  then use point deform to make this move with the animation without changing topology.

Thanks @cudarsjanis , I will try that tomorrow in the studio, I got it working with the stiffnes but it went everywhere. My main goal here is have the man running, but add some jello like to make it weirder, to add more movement.

Thanks both for the tips, will see if I can make it work properly tomorrow

Cheers!

Okay I give up, been reading houdini help, watching other tutorials, testing and failing, at least I learned how the pintoanim works and I now can stick points so they dont deform. As for the fbx walking animation with fem, either I get the fem falling, or the animation without fem moving, tried with creating a group of points with pintoanimation, result was a superdeformed mesh, changed that to primitves, the guy moved but without fem. Changed target stiffness to evernumber, either started to float on the air randomly or weird stuff. 

giveup1.jpggiveup2.jpggiveup3.jpg

At least I made a weird animation haha

Edited by caskal

• 4 weeks later...

If you update few steps in your setup everything will work.

I actually downloaded the hip and did some tests, but I can\t upload anything from work. not even screenshots.

Basically you can even feed in from sops the targetstiffness as an attribute in dops. so you could select hands, feet, head to be stuck to anim and rest be calculated as fem. change model to organic tissue, play around a bit. and you will get some interesting results.

Also don\t forget to use point deform, to feed in animated geo. 

Have fun

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cudarsjanis said:

If you update few steps in your setup everything will work.

I actually downloaded the hip and did some tests, but I can\t upload anything from work. not even screenshots.

Basically you can even feed in from sops the targetstiffness as an attribute in dops. so you could select hands, feet, head to be stuck to anim and rest be calculated as fem. change model to organic tissue, play around a bit. and you will get some interesting results.

Also don\t forget to use point deform, to feed in animated geo. 

Have fun

Hey Janis, thanks for the info! I gave up with this some weeks ago but I'll definetly give a try again with your suggestions. Cheers!

• 4 months later...