Container Not Filling - Can't Get Divergence To Work. Please Help. (Scene Attached)

siris

Hello all,

I've hit a new problem, which is my object will not fill all the way, it stops when the emitter is under water. 

I've read on here that I could use the expand tool in the populate containers shelf, but when I do this it won't let me select my fluid. I tried another way of adding divergence, but I'm over my head as a new user. Here is a link to my scene file and the abc that goes wth it (attach it to the figure_geo).  

Dropbox - scene files

If someone could please help me figure this out I'll be very grateful, I have a deadline for uni looming over me and I'm incredibly stressed out! 

Edited by siris

Here is your scene setup with a Divergence Field. The pressure is set to 1.0 in this scene. If you need less, lower it. You can also animate it so the pressure is only present in the last half of the animation.

To get the fluid to fill the hand/finger area you will probably need a lower particle separation. Try 0.03 perhaps..?

flip_body_fill.gif

ap_FillObject.hipnc

• Like 3

so with the orig file...I thought the human body wasn't reacting right with the particles because the normals weren't right, it was pointing outwards rather than inwards...but that is not the real cause ?

EDIT: ahhh don't worry...found the Invert Sign thing...

Edited by Noobini