HP Omen Gaming Desktop with i7 7700K and Nvidia 1080Ti vs newer iMac

art3mis

fcuk the iMac as the OpenGL & OpenCL CPU drivers are as crappo as ever. the word on the street is the iMac Pro with 18-cores will be mega mega bucks anyways. $10K-15K+

The iMac Pro is going to be the first serious effort Apple has made in half a decade or more for professional users. Unfortunately it's probably going to be more than twice the price of anything comparable and it still has gaping huge holes everywhere in the design. It has two memory slots meaning it can take up to 128GB of memory total. Why?!?!?! My laptop has two memory slots and it's a laptop. That Xeon crammed in there can support 1.5TB of memory (that's right, terabytes). Rant over, I'd go with the HP. I've worked with Houdini on macOS and it was a second class citizen. There were many bugs not found on other platforms and I felt like a guinea pig constantly, it might be better now since this was like five years ago but I wouldn't try it again personally.