Particle Fluid Surface Mesh Flickering

EuniceC

Hi,

I generated a bunch of fluid particles on a wave and I used the particle fluid surface node to generate the necessary mesh to be rendered. However, on some frames, about 90% of the mesh disappears. This is pretty frustrating, Can anyone advice me on what's the underlying issue that makes the mesh flicker that way? and how to go about fixing this issue? I've attached the mov file that shows the issue I'm having right now

Thanks

mesh_flicker.mov

I would guess that is an invalid cache frame.

Have you tried re-simming? Before you re-sim make sure to delete all the previous files in your cache folder.

Review your scene and make sure you don't have any stray keyframes that might be changing a value only on that frame.

Have you time stretched anything? I tend to sim with a time scale of 1.0 and then time warp resulting geo sequence if that is needed.

I tried resimming many times but still the same. I'll try it again and this time I'll delete all the previous files too. When I flip book the frame with particles, they look fine though, it's just when I convert them to mesh. I didn't time stretch anything. This only happens when I use surface VDB option. It's fine when I use Surface Polygon Soup. Problem is it doesn't look nice if I smooth it out. I wanted that look exactly produced by the surface VDB option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...