Adding pyro solver to rdb sim creates weird geometry

When ever I dive into my dop network, this weird piece of geometry shows. I have no idea what it is or why it's there. You can see in the second picture I hid everything but it still shows. The last picture is what happens when I try deleting it. It doesn't show when I exit the dop network. What can cause this? It happens when ever you add a pyro solver to a rdb simulation. In my included file, go into the dop network and you will see the same problem. The last photo is what it should look like.

Thanks

rando.PNG

hidden.PNG

k.PNG

why.PNG

why.hipnc

Edited by ejr32123

Yeah, your scene is messed up. That lump is your RBD Object. I deleted the entire RBSSolver chain inside the DOP network then I also deleted the DOP Import on the sphere object. I selected the sphere and added back to the simulation as a RBD object and everything works fine again.

Sometimes it is easier to just rebuild the scene.

29 minutes ago, Atom said:

Yeah, your scene is messed up. That lump is your RBD Object. I deleted the entire RBSSolver chain inside the DOP network then I also deleted the DOP Import on the sphere object. I selected the sphere and added back to the simulation as a RBD object and everything works fine again.

Sometimes it is easier to just rebuild the scene.

How can the lump be the rbd object? Turn on display geometry on the RDB packed object, and you will see the correct sphere show and shatter. The reason that I turned off display geometry is so you can see it the lumpy mess behind it. Everything works fine, its just that weird geo shows.

3.PNG4.PNG

Edited by ejr32123

It's the volume representation of that object, that is what the pyro solver will see and collide with. Not sure why it shows up like that with no way to control it, but I probably have never done packed bullet and pyro in the same sim. You can see it in the Geometry Spreadsheet under sphere_object1/Geometry/Volume that it's in fact "there", and not just a ghost.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skybar said:

It's the volume representation of that object, that is what the pyro solver will see and collide with. Not sure why it shows up like that with no way to control it, but I probably have never done packed bullet and pyro in the same sim. You can see it in the Geometry Spreadsheet under sphere_object1/Geometry/Volume that it's in fact "there", and not just a ghost.

That makes sense. If you use a fractured object instead of packed object, that weird geo doesn't show.

Do you want the rbd to react to the pyro? If no, the usual workflow is to cache the rbd sim, create a volume representation (the collision source node does it easily) and then use that as a static deforming collider in the pyro sim

You can ignore it if you don't mind the pyro colliding with that. Usually you want a better collision 

Check this, I'm doing the two sims at the same time but in different dopnets. If you turn off the advect from volume you'll get what you would get if you just cached it 

bullet_pyro_col_odf.hipnc

Edited by vtrvtr