Too much contrast, how to tweak indirect lighting

Hi,

So I have this interior scene, with one distant light, and two openings.

I like how the wall to the top left of the image is lit, but there is not enough light that goes to the back of the room, further away from the opening. I expected the bottom right of the picture to be more lit.  So this is more or less the same floor plan of a place I lived in in the past, so I know how it felt in that room, and I definitely did not need a flashlight during daytime.

Can you help me tweak the scene so that it looks more realistic ?

Thanks

room.hipnc

dark.png

Looks like you maybe need more GI bounces, but it's also a normal problem in reality that if your camera captures the sun on the floor and makes it look well balanced (like in your image), the room around it will be too dark. And if you balance out the room, the sun will be too bright. The human eye (= how you remember it) is much more flexible there and makes it look "good" automagically.

CG != "Reality".

Tonemapping can help in this situation too.

Cheers,

Tom

50 minutes ago, Thomas Helzle said:

Looks like you maybe need more GI bounces, but it's also a normal problem in reality that if your camera captures the sun on the floor and makes it look well balanced (like in your image), the room around it will be too dark. And if you balance out the room, the sun will be too bright. The human eye (= how you remember it) is much more flexible there and makes it look "good" automagically.

CG != "Reality".

Tonemapping can help in this situation too.

Cheers,

Tom

Does "more GI bounces" translates into a setting on a node ?