Multiple Redshift Shaders per geometry

Hello All,

I have created a model in Houdini which consists of 6 different sections. All those areas have their unique Point attribute, so I merged everything into one object with the help of VDB and transferred all the point attributes.  

I would like to have a different shader on all those 6 sections of the geometry.

My approach was to create one Redshift Shader network and with the help of Blend material and Unique attributes for Blend weight, separate all shaded areas.  But for one of the areas I needed to use separate Blend Material and a different displacement. So do I need to create Groups based on those Unique attributes and assign shader within the geometry node with 6 unique Redshift Shader networks? Or there is a way to assign those 6 shaders by the attribute?

Thank you, Atomic your Link Page is Priceless. 

It is a single primitive with 6 unique Point attributes. Would you like me to create point group based on the parameter and assign Material to that group? 

Is there a way to make the border area where 2 attributes connect more gradual to have a more organic look?

One approach would be to apply a single material to each of the 6 sections before you convert it to a VDB. Then attribute transfer or attribute copy the @shop_material path from that original source to the resulting VDB convert mesh to reestablish those materials.

Can you post an example file?

Edited by Atom

On 12/15/2017 at 2:42 PM, Atom said:

One approach would be to apply a single material to each of the 6 sections before you convert it to a VDB. Then attribute transfer or attribute copy the @shop_material path from that original source to the resulting VDB convert mesh to reestablish those materials.

Can you post an example file?

Please see file in attachment.  

I have tried 2 approaches but it didn't work. When i apply material as a primitive attribute i cant transfer it. But when I use it as point attribute it does not affect the geometry. 

ShaderTest003.hip