Delete only column edges after skin SOP and bool

Dr.Gonzo

delete what, pts, edges, or prims ? not too many mind readers here...

(i don't quite get it, if you delete 'it'........isn't your entire geo 'gone' ? For this reason, I think you want Dissolve edges ?)

Edited by Noobini

44 minutes ago, Noobini said:

delete what, pts, edges, or prims ? not too many mind readers here...

(i don't quite get it, if you delete 'it'........isn't your entire geo 'gone' ? For this reason, I think you want Dissolve edges ?)

i want keep only row EDGES to resample them after, sorry for my explanation))

so how to dissolve?:)

Edited by Dr.Gonzo

here's a sample setup, I've added a randomize pt idx to mimic the random effect after your boolean. Use the Switch to see the difference between 3 results.

The hardest part would be the edge selection to be dissolved, atm, I'm doing the selection manually in group1 which is not ideal...but I'm not even sure if this is on the right track or not...

dissolve.hipnc

a thought just occured to me...surely the edge selection can be done with angle....the vertical lines would have their lines perfectly straight....while the 'slight' curve on the rows would be........errrr.....NON- straight...

But I guess this wouldn't work in the midsection where everything is straight..

Edited by Noobini

22 hours ago, chrisdunham95 said:

Would be great to see a detailed breakdown or tutorial in future if you get some time Alexandr, looks like a very nice procedural stadium :) 

Nothing really special in here, just tons of copy and delete sops. Im a beginner in houdini, so my solutions maybe not so perfect as pro users.

15 hours ago, Noobini said:

a thought just occured to me...surely the edge selection can be done with angle....the vertical lines would have their lines perfectly straight....while the 'slight' curve on the rows would be........errrr.....NON- straight...

But I guess this wouldn't work in the midsection where everything is straight..

In future I want to have different types of stadiums, edge selection wouldn’t work for me.

• 1 year later...

Any chance of you sharing the .hip file for this? I completely understand if you don't want to, I am about to start working on a tool like this myself and am new to Houdini so it would give me a good start or idea on how to build something like this.