Muscles And Jiggle

:D Hi,

can anybody tell me a methode to animate mass in muscles.

iam a maya user for years, and in maya i can set a jiggle deformer to my muscles, i wanna jiggle my muscles in moving

i need help so fast as somebody can help me, because iam new to houdini and i wanna learn it so fast as possible, because i wanna apply at CFC Framestore in London.

and i have to say houdini is amazing, and i wanna do all the dynamic and particle effects in houdini, for my compositings.

What sort of thing does jiggle do in Maya. You can create secondary motion in Houdini with chops - like lag. Is that the kind of effect you are after?

Or you can do tons of stuff with a point sop and a few simple expressions, or even add a vex operator to create point motion.... need more details as I'm not familiar with Maya jiggle.

By the way you should know that CFC use Houdini for effects stuff not character work, although I wish they would.

No thats wrong.......yesterday i found a good way to do the same, i build a spring system....in a couple of hours i will send my whole system in this forum tread. i think its very complex to simulate flexing muscles.....but houdini is a bid faster as maya.......and better procedural.

:D:D:D

That would be great, I'd love to see that. Chops are good because they are fast, but a real sim that would be very interesting to see. I keep wanting to try this and never had the time. Tried a few things with early dops releases - mostly beta stuff - and it wasn't really upto it at the time so if it now works that is brilliant!!

yeah i think it will work. i tested it not till this moment, but i hopefully that it will work.

i will build a little testsequence with armbones. and i will create a little skin and three maybe all muscles....i think i can create muscles that bounce on each others....but i hope that dont cost much ressource's of CPU Power.............if it works...i think that is a good way to animate muscles, with a large increasing of performance. I think it will work faster as a wrap deformer.or wire deformer.......

i hope it :D

we will see it at weekend.....hopefully.......today i will put a musclesetup in this tread, with one muscle.......and i think that is a good way, that other houdini users work on that stuff, too.

Maybe somebody find a better way, that i..........i hope it.........

if it will not work......i have to create all muscles in Maya..how the last years........and that will be not nice........ :P

Hmmm

I have to say its very very hard.........i got the muscles and the skin above.

the only problem i got is.....Maya is sometimes better and very fast........

i have to say.......Maya is better in muscle simulation......HOudini is to slow........

what a fuck.........but i like houdini.........its a fuck.......i cant believe it......

:o:o:huh::o:huh::o:huh::o:huh::huh:

i need help..........

muscledesign.hip

Inflate is quite a slow sop because it's having to do ray intersection tests for every point. Unfortunately at the moment Houdini doesn't have a good way to capture points directly using the muscle sim that you have setup, if it did then you could speed things up a lot. I've done this before by making my own capture system but it isn't a standard part of Houdini yet.

Your setup would be quicker if you reduced the number of points in your skin model and then subdivided after the inflate.

One other way around it would be to use a standard capture deform setup to do the animation and then run it through your full inflate muscle sim only after you are happy with the animation.

I also don't understand why the tube isn't polygon in the first place. That would remove the unnecessary convert. While the ray intersection tests seem to be faster with polygons than NURBs, intersection with metaballs are even faster. I highly recommend using metaballs for your muscle geometry instead. Finally, I'm not really quite sure that the spring is being used for the muscle in a realistic way.

Hmmm

I have to say its very very hard.........i got the muscles and the skin above.

the only problem i got is.....Maya is sometimes better and very fast........

i have to say.......Maya is better in muscle simulation......HOudini is to slow........

what a fuck.........but i like houdini.........its a fuck.......i cant believe it......

:o  :o  :huh:  :o  :huh:  :o  :huh:  :o  :huh:  :huh:

i need help..........

26787[/snapback]

Unfortunately this is true, you are going to find houdini slower in many cases, especially deformations, maya and xsi are just faster with it, but to be honest using other software is harder if you know houdini, tons of awful manual work...yuck :)

It can't be bad if they managed to make the wild in it ;)

it's not wrap.

the muscle primitives are used as sculpt deformers and skin influences.

the only really working commercial plug-in doing muscles is cMuscle.

it basicly does the same but in smarter way. in addition it offers tons of usefull riging features.

i never heard about fast muscle rigs :)

using multiple tubes to represent the muscles is not working very well on practice, at some point you will be forced to go there and fine tweak the muscles. having bunch of tubes will make this process very difficult - modeling, rigging, skinning of xxx tubes is leading to nowhere.

yeah that is true. I apologize , because i really dont know a "fast muscle" plugin, too.

that is the sculp deformer and so on. you understand. but i think its faster as houdini.

and now i in front of a decision to decide what software i wanna use.

what software is better? Houdini or Maya????

i dont know what is the right way.......

yeah that is true. I apologize , because i really dont know a "fast muscle" plugin, too.

that is the sculp deformer and so on. you understand. but i think its faster as houdini.

and now i in front of a decision to decide what software i wanna use.

what software is better? Houdini or Maya????

i dont know what is the right way.......

26899[/snapback]

And you love scripting after breakfast... ;)

Seriously, If I'd choose maya It would be only due to more easy rendering options like MR, and vray on horizon, and perhaps some ready mades like paint FX and plugins. Nothing more. It's far too dirty for the things it do.

Work with houdini a year, then decide :)