Houdini crashing constantly

Hi, 

I have a problem with running Houdini since I have my new computer. I already contacted support but could't figure out the problem yet. I hope somebody met with this problem or have some idea for a solution.
So houdini is crashing after a few second, I cannot do anything with it. I made some test, seems like it crashing mostly when I press tab and start writing a node. any node. When I just open it it doesn't die instantly, but as soon as I try to do something it just crashes. Doesnt matter if I open a clean scene or open a scene I already have. 
Recently I got the following error message: 6440: Fatal error: segmentation fault. But in the past sometimes it was just quiting without any message. 
I had the smae problem since I have this laptop, with H 16.5, but somewhy one of the daily built was kind of working, crashing less frequently, but since H 17 came out I tried that, and it do the same thing. 
I tried the following things: Reinstalled Houdini many times, different versions, different drives, tried it all. Checked and updated videocard drivers, windows updates the latest (win 10, NOT developer/insider version), cleared registry. 
Checked Rams, videocard with stress test. and anyway all of the other software running without problem. Also tried turn off every other sofware while running houdini but its all the same.
The laptop: MSI laptop with 6core i8, 32gb ram, geforce 1070. So that shouldnt be the problem. 
I clueless now, I have this problem since months. I would really appreciate any help. 
Thanks!

I had a similar issue when I had a bad intel based graphics card.

While it sounds like you should have good components. It's possible it's one piece of your hardware that is bad. The other issues is possible bad Houdini preferences, just make sure you cull those. Possibly use Revo uninstaller or some other 3rd party uninstaller. The third radical option is you has some corruption with your OS or third party software another program may share. Generally speaking for a crash like this I do not think Houdini is your culprit in this case outside the possibly bad preferences folder. You might want to go a bit radical and test your components and re-install your OS. If a OS reinstall doesn't work then it's certainly a hardware component that is at fault.

On pc you should install Houdini QT4, got the same problem with my MSI laptop and it was because the gpu wasn't supporting Houdini. Sometimes, pc components are lower quality because they need to fit in a smaller space so you can have issues. 

Everything works fine since I've installed the qt4 version.