osmanertasdiken

Houdini engine smoke

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to simulate a smokey effect for an engine. Here is the kind of look that i'm going for.

And this is the look I have so far;

5c14038fefd1a_ScreenShot2018-12-14at19_14_38.thumb.png.06600fc84d4488f5d7b1fa5b8b78924f.png

My main problem is about creating the windy smoke that is coming from the engine.  How can I achieve that look? I've also attached my .hip file.

I have been playing around with it for so long that I can't even tell where to start fixing things..

Any help is highly appreciated!

Engine_ODForce.hipnc

Edited by osmanertasdiken

you could do a simple particle simulation and then rasterize them to get the volume. then control density based on age of your points.

• Like 1

On 14.12.2018 at 8:32 PM, Jesper Rahlff said:

you could do a simple particle simulation and then rasterize them to get the volume. then control density based on age of your points.

Thank you so much for your help! Haven't seen it earlier so sorry for late reply. I did rasterize the particle simulation I created. But it has a lack of detail on the smoke and also I have some sort of Pscale problem that I don't know how to fix...

5c2262c9e6b36_ScreenShot2018-12-25at14_00_53.thumb.png.c0855d05cd0d2de183117e1a1ba721fc.png

As you can see here beginning of it has more detail then at the end it's extremely blurry.

Also when I put the voxel size down this is how it looks like;5c22635c18d85_ScreenShot2018-12-25at16_59_14.thumb.png.a6113f8f7c374616dfe600d4aeca4f19.png

How can I add detail and get a higher resolution sim?

OdForceVolumeQuality.hipnc

Edited by osmanertasdiken
Uploaded hip file

On 30.12.2018 at 9:14 PM, Jesper Rahlff said:

attached is a simple example of how I would set it up to get ultimate control over resolution of your volume without having to sim a billion points.

OdForceVolumeQuality_suggestion.hipnc

You, sir, are amazing, this is really helpful thanks a lot!

22 hours ago, osmanertasdiken said:

You, sir, are amazing, this is really helpful thanks a lot!

you are welcome. let me know if anything is unclear