Object rising from viscous tank

rush2112

Hi! Have anyone done any object rising from a viscous pool effect like the one in ghost in the shell?

I have tried to do the like the same way as none viscosity case but it doesn't work at all.

And I can't find any Houdini viscosity test like what I'm looking for. Most of the tests are pouring fluid on an object. 

I wonder if this is beyond Houdini's capability... Any suggestion will help a lot! I'm almost giving up working on viscosity in this

situation.  

12 hours ago, Atom said:

You could check out this sphere dripping water example. It basically scatters points along the top side surface and emits more fluid even as it is rising.

Thanks! I have checked the file, it seems to be a great start faking viscosity.

Update:

Atom, I have tried the setup and it did the job slowing particle down but isn't be able to create the viscous feel.

I have tried different ways to make the object colliding with FLIP tank with viscosity but it doesn't seem to work at all.

I also notice that the liquid related shots in Ghost in the Shell are not continues shots. Which means they(MPC) might don't actually made the CG object rising from the pool but starts the shot after it's already above the surface and emitting particles from the body...

But what if I need a continues shot from under the fluid surface to above? Does anyone have thoughts about this?