Changes to houdini Fluids in H17 help!!

Gawai

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this one, Im very new to Fluids in Houdini and  following an introduction to houdini fluids on digital tutors https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/introduction-fluid-simulations-houdini-2078/table-of-contents , in the chapter "Controlling the Fluid Source with Volumes" the instructor creates a fluid from an object by the Emit Particle fluid button. This was done in an earlier and the source is created with a Flid Source node that has controls for Velocity volumes and adds such things as a curl noise and vortex. However in H17 the source node is different and does not have these controls instead i read somewhere they were removed and its needed to add a noise attribute and volumer rasterizer but for some reason i cannot get the same outcome of giving random movement to the particles..

Im aware this sounds very beginnerish but any help with this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

The new FLIP Source will create 2 things: a surface and points. You can work on the points (for example using an attributeVOP) to modify their "v" (velocity) attribute with a noise or giving them the velocity you want. It think you'll have actually more control this way. Let me know if it works! :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gawai said:

...This was done in an earlier and the source is created with a Flid Source node that has controls for Velocity volumes and adds such things as a curl noise ...

in H17 you can append Point Velocity SOP or Attribute Noise SOP to add noise to your points velocity attribute

Edited by anim
  • Like 3