Pyro Disturbance for high vel

AdloffT

Hello, How to increase the disturbance on high velocity source, Im using particles and volume as sources, both with very high velocity, but disturbance only affect after some frames, not on initial simulation frames, I`m using 3 "gas disturbance" microsolvers, 2 controling density fields and 1 controling the velocity.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_8.png

Usually I only use one gas disturbance and on the velocity field.  Did you check mark disturb field is a vector field? You can also try adding substeps. Something else I like to do is adding turbulence or disturbance to the velocity field before explosion or smoke starts. That way the velocity field already has nice patterns to break up your sim.

• 3 months later...
On 17.1.2019 at 4:38 PM, ejr32123 said:

Usually I only use one gas disturbance and on the velocity field.  Did you check mark disturb field is a vector field? You can also try adding substeps. Something else I like to do is adding turbulence or disturbance to the velocity field before explosion or smoke starts. That way the velocity field already has nice patterns to break up your sim.

How do you add disturbance and turbulence to the vel field before the sim starts? Just pre-rolling a couple of fames wouldnt do the trick, would it?

Adding some curl noise to vel field before dop is right way.

Usually I check range of the speed and use disturbance  to specific values like 2-4 in range with disturbance 4-6 its usually add more brakes to high speed parts

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ejr32123 said:

Their are many ways to do it. I included two very simple ways to do it, just using some micro-solvers. I just have that running a few frames before sourcing my main sim.

break.hip

Cool, thanks! thats actually very straight forward :D is there anything to consider in regards of auto resize?

Yea, you'll want to use frame delay on the gas resize fluid dynamic node until the main part of sim starts (or until you already have good enough motion in the sim). Either that or disable it completely and just make sure your container is big enough for the whole sim. I think most of the time I only really need this for the first 10 frames or so then I switch to auto-resize.

• Like 1