Cascading Waterfall Advice/Help

PortalPyro98

I'm currently doing my FMP for University and will be working in a group of 4 to create an environment with a character asset and Waterfall/Lake FX asset within it. I will be solely responsible for creating the waterfall/lake but I'm currently unsure with which way i should approach the project.

The Waterfall is going to be in the background cascading down some rocks into a lake in a cave however we will be creating the cave to real world scale which has caused problems when trying to set up emitters at such a large scale.

I've attached some reference photos of what the waterfall is going to be based on as well as the initial proxy geometry created for my particles to flow over. I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with a sim of this type/scale and could lend any advice on how they created it.

Thanks 

CascadingWaterfall3.jpg

RocksPrim.obj

2 minutes ago, Atom said:

Base your simulation scale off the size of the characters that ship with Houdini. Once the simulation is complete, you can scale it up to the project scale size.

I think I would use multiple emitter points, one at each little shelf along the waterfall to get things started.

waterfall.gif

ap_waterfall_021819.hiplc

Ok, i though the scale being that big to start off with was wrong thanks for the advice.

Also using multiple emitters is defiantly going to help in the long run. Thanks again for the help and Test file