Exporting model from houdini but model size in other application looks wrong and different then it looks in Houdini (Explaining short video added)

ISUther

2 hours ago, ISUther said:

Exporting OBJ files from Houdini end up with incorrect model. 
How to fix it or what might be the cause of this?

Looks the same for me.

htoz.thumb.jpg.67a03a11fe825e5f92ea96c8438e3e87.jpg

I wouldn't change Houdini unit length but place a transform sop at the end of the node network and adjust uniform scale. I think it is not at Houdini side. Try import your obj file into Maya, 3dsmax or somewhere and see what will happen.

you probably have scale applied at object level and exporting the geo in object space from within sops therefore the exported geo will not have object level scale applied

- the cleanest solution is to not have any object level scales

- or objectmerge the geo to new object (with Into This Object mode) and export from there

also the units in prefs don't control scene scale, just hint DOPs which unit to convert their initial values to

On 2/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, anim said:

you probably have scale applied at object level and exporting the geo in object space from within sops therefore the exported geo will not have object level scale applied

- the cleanest solution is to not have any object level scales

- or objectmerge the geo to new object (with Into This Object mode) and export from there

also the units in prefs don't control scene scale, just hint DOPs which unit to convert their initial values to

got it solved. I actually did not know that when i adjust geometry on object level it wont work as i was thinking. So when i modeled it in the Geometry level export worked fine. Thnx for assistance!!!