creating sound from animated curves

sschoellhammer

Hello,

I have an experiment where I want to create sounds from a set of deforming curves, like the strings of an instrument.

For that I'm driving the pitch control of an oscillator.

image.png.edf74032b173a2da11d3eceddf75b28b.png

It works just fine for one curve, and also with several if I set them up one by one.

However, in the end I'd like to have a lot of curves and I wanted to get them all in via one geometry node in my chop network.  

Using the point name attribute in the geometry node I have all my channels coming in correctly. i.e prim_0_pitch1, prim_0_pitch2, prim_n_pitch1 etc.

I couldn't figure out how to make use of the channel groups iteration method of the foreach node and ended up iterating over the whole set "over numbers" and deleting all channels I don't want.

Sadly I can't feedback like in a sop foreach to get all the channels back again..

I'm stuck and I'd be glad for some hints, or maybe there is a better approach? 

Thanks in advance!

seb

soundstrings_test.hipnc

PS: Another strange thing - whenever I connect the foreach loop to the out null, the filesize increases to 30mb (from 400kb) and the only

way to fix that is deleting the foreach node - in any case, to hear the sound please connect it after opening!

• Like 1