Limit Cache for Packed Primitves

Is there a way to limit the cache beeing used for packed primitive?
I'm trying to do a Flipbook of a huge Scene. The longer the shot gets the more memory it uses. Seems like its trying to cache eberything for playback, wich is bad because it uses all the memory I have and then crashes.
Is there an enviorment variable or anyway of limiting the ram beeing used? (using Linux)

You can change the visualization to box or points. You can also press D on a viewport and change the option in the Optimize tab that dictates how many polygons you want in the viewport, which will change the visualization anyway

If they are not in the viewport all the time, you can also cull them manually by using a simple volume equivalent to the camera's frustum and a blast node.

Thanks, but this isn't helpful for me. Most parts are already boxes and I can easily navigate and do basically everything I like in the scene. BUT when flipbooking it keeps every frame in cache. Lets say my Viewport need 2 gigs of ram. Frame one 2Gigs, Frame 2 4Gigs,...., Frame 32 64, etc. At some point my memory is full and its crashing.
I want to tell houdini to empty the cache when it is getting too full. 

• Like 1

I've run into this too and it'd super frustrating.

I don't have any work around other that writing out the frames until RAM is full, then saving frames, then reopening Houdini and starting at the last frame.

I have an idea that rendering the scene with the OpenGL ROP might help, but I haven't tried it with a huge scene. But, good luck.

Also, please submit an RFE when you have a change.