Discretize 2d shapes

AntoineSfx

Given a shape, how could you process it to make it a good starting point for copying those various elements at its points ?

At first it looked like something related to the Bresenham algorithm, but neighbor pieces have  to have one common edge.. The anti aliasing algorithm avoids such situation, so it won't work

I wonder what other mathematical problem this is related to.Could it be as simple as a snap (fuse), 

to a grid, then take care of the 45 degree edges ? I'm trying to have a polygon that is made only of segments oriented along one axis only at a time, and is an approximation of the initial geometry.

snap.thumb.png.ea348979c66e74ec4a4f2b8719f725bf.png

majokit.thumb.jpg.44c6d75a7c354b57f580354c64134b95.jpg

Edited by AntoineSfx

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/03/2020 at 10:22 PM, konstantin magnus said:

Here is another variant using the winding number SOP.

discretize_winding.hipnc

@konstantin magnus

I m a little stucked here on this commun issue to fixing the orientation of extracted curves which i want to polycap. I tried different things, polydoctor or facing don't help.  My hope was to isolate in a loop each piece, do a sort, delete the extracted curves and rebuild then, but i guess i m missing something, maybe too long working days lately.... Anyone?

I attached a hip file

Thanks you

windingissue_biological_form_fromflowmap_pop1.hipnc