Tab Menu

g=hou.node('/obj/geo1')
for i in hou.nodeTypeCategories()["Sop"].nodeTypes():
    try:
        g.createNode(i)
    except:
        print "couldn't create",i

you can do that in python easily but it takes a few minutes to create the 959 node types (just the SOPs in this example)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luka_schulz said:

Would you happen to know why the ctrl / cmd keys aren't registered in the tab menu? 

Tab is an old menu system as I understand. You could RFE it for sure. However, I would outline a good series of use cases for it. I do not know of a case where by default you can select multiple stock nodes via the different options. Scripting like bunker showed is a completely different case.

I wasn't looking to select nodes. I was just looking to select the text I type in the tab menu. When I press ctrl + A, it types the letter 'a' opposed to selecting all the type in the search field.

It's a super little thing, but I'm just trying to avoid pressing the delete key a lot of times.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 6.57.46 PM.png

12 minutes ago, bunker said:

g=hou.node('/obj/geo1')
for i in hou.nodeTypeCategories()["Sop"].nodeTypes():
    try:
        g.createNode(i)
    except:
        print "couldn't create",i

you can do that in python easily but it takes a few minutes to create the 959 node types (just the SOPs in this example)

Lol, I'm not sure why I would ever need all 959 SOP nodes, but I appreciate this.

Yeah you would have to RFE that request like if do Tab > and type d - e - l - e - t - e I can not select the world "delete". Then again the whole Tab Menu could use lots of love in the first place, it hasn't changed since version 9 with the new UI if I remember correctly.