Distorting rest attribute on packed geo with redshift triplanar

Hi.
thought i’d see if anyone has come across before.

I've got a redshift scene with animating blocks.  Essentially its a voronoi fracture, converted to packed geo, and then i'm running a noise through the @P.y of those packed pieces.  Problem is I'm trying to setup a rest attribute on my geometry before packing it (so redshift triplanar doesn’t swim).  Works fine except when i add the rest node it distorts the uv map near the edges.  Assuming its because the rest attribute is being shared across those seams maybe?

2019-07-08_12-17-13.png

If i disable the rest node, it works fine but the texture swims.  With it on its got the distortion.  I tried making the points unique with a facet node before the applying uv and rest attribs but then it splits everything, which is not what i wanted either.  I'm still fairly new to houdini, am sure theres a simple solution but i can't seem to figure it out.

Heres a scene file if anyones interested 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrqsq1ajq7ro36z/triplanar_rest.zip?dl=0

Any ideas?

Thanks

didn't check your file, but could it be that your rest normals are a point attribute and therefore interpolated across sharp edges?

If your original has N as vertex attribute try to just copy it as your rest normals vertex attribute