Houdini Dvd's From Sesi

-->"I just got an email from Craig Zerouni yesterday and he said:

"I don't have an exact release date, but I can tell you that we start

editing the material this week. I would expect to finish that work this

month, and then I don't know how long it takes after that to make an

actual DVD (artwork, printing, etc). But I'd be surprised if these

aren't available by the end of May."

"<--

It's from 3dbuzz forum. I didn't know these plans. Does anybody has anynews about these DVDs?

It would be really great. Another exellent move in right direction ;)

cheers,

SY.

[EDIT]

:blush:

I was so supprised by this message that I didn't go to the end of thread at 3dbuzz. So the answer for my question is:

(C. Zerouni again):"(...) I would say it will be right around SIGGRAPH anyway - ranging from just before to just after(...)"

Still I'm very happy! :rolleyes:

There was a training sesion that SESI put on but there were alot of people who couldn't afford to go so several of us asked if they would be willing to record the training and sell it on DVD. They responded to the request very quickly and said they would do that. I don't know if it will be just a recording of the training they did on site or if they made something just for DVD but I guess we will find out soon!

from what i got an email from aliza from Sesi Santa Monica office they are in the process of doing just that making them into dvd's ... She said it will be posted on the site when they are fully avalible ... So i hope this is real... this would be the first time they do their own dvd's so i see that the demand is getting up there ... Maya has had dvd;s for years so i guess people are used to them... But this would be great if Sesi did the same to get the talented artists out there a chance to learn houdini the same way they do everything else... Because the artists are still scared of the interface and methology that houdini has ... I wouldn't be surprised if one day they finally balence out with the rest of the competion but how knows ... I know i have been diing to get something like this done. for a very long time.. get those pot holes covered ....

George