Particles from particles

iam83

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to achieve this effect?

There's a particle. It gives birth another particle right form the first particle position. We've got two particles. Then these two particles give birth other two new particles from the position of their parents. We've got 4 partcles. Then these 4 particles give birth other new 4 particles. We've got 8 particles. And so on. The spawn position of the new particles have to be exactly the same as their parents one. So it's kinda look like particle division or duplicating or splitting into more particles.

I tried to replicate them. But it wont work the way I need. Emitting position of new particles is random.

Thanks in advance.

It is possible with a popreplicate:

hdbp.io/7GRtigQ8

But it is a bad idea, since your number raises exponentially (That's why I had to turn off the preview pics):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem

So on frame 24 you already have 16.7 Mio points, on frame 33.5 Mio...etc.

So it becomes unhand-able very quickly.

Edited by ChrBohm
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sepu said:

I do not think you will want to use it like that (if that is the case, yes it will explode). You can control with a popstream or a popgroup and have a nicer split of the particles, here is an example. 

Np7X7Kn0p8.gif

ParticleReplicator.hipnc

Absolutely amazing setup! Thank you very much! Got a question, is there a way to offset the replicator, so not all the particles duplicate every 24 frame but say some particles every 20, others at 15 and so on, or if possible to control it by age, for example? So it splitting wouldn't look too uniform.

Edited by iam83