Distribute particles more evenly?

Krion

Hi,

I made a simple particle sim with the basic settings, but I would like it to be more evenly distributed.

Sometimes it is even, but at other frames not. Then whole areas are in in my camera1 view empty, without particles.

5d766400b13d8_Screenshot2019-09-09at16_26_28.thumb.png.9b09b726817965ea0b946d2c0fd84481.png

5d7666973597d_Screenshot2019-09-09at16_38_15.jpg.3952a9b7b204df86a37053af3dea82bf.jpg

Anyone any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance. :) 

particles even.hipnc

Edited by Krion

Would that fix it? They go out immediately from the surface from which they were emitted (the ball in the middle, from there they go out non-gravitational way), so I’m not sure, will try.

Also; I wanted the particles to inherit the color of the surface from which they ‘come’. Is that also possible if they are born in the middle of the sphere?

Edited by Krion

If you want to emit an even amount in every direction at the same time, you must source from all points on the surface, and not use a noise as the velocity field. If you make a velocity field out of the normal direction you get from a facet sop set to Post Compute Normal, then you will get an outwards direction. Right now, since you have noise as what is causing your velocity, there will be parts that naturally move around the object, as opposed to uniformly outwards from the center.

10 hours ago, kleer001 said:

points from Volume VOP ?

@Krion  It appears you piped an iso offset into the popnet. What they meant was to run your sphere into a Points from Volume SOP, then source from that. 

You can also try turning on the relax iterations on the POP Source DOP. By default it's turned off. Inside the POP Source is just a scatter node, so you can use those controls the same as you would in SOPs. 

8 hours ago, Krion said:

Also; I wanted the particles to inherit the color of the surface from which they ‘come’. Is that also possible if they are born in the middle of the sphere?

Does this setup help?

particles_even_jamesr.hipnc