Sign in to follow this  
Masoud

How can I apply motion blur to smoke?

Hi;

I would like to render smoke with motion blur, so I turned on "Geometry Motion Blur" option on "pyro_import" geometry, but it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Motion Blur.jpg

Hi Masoud,

make sure you imported the vel fields from sim: without them, there's no motion blur. Also check the mantra node, and make sure "Allow Motion Blur" (in Rendering tab) is on.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Marco

1 hour ago, merlino said:

Hi Masoud,

make sure you imported the vel fields from sim: without them, there's no motion blur. Also check the mantra node, and make sure "Allow Motion Blur" (in Rendering tab) is on.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Marco

I don't know how should I import  vel  field..!

Here is my test scene:

Smoke_MBlur_test.hip

Edited by Masoud

You already have it : it is on you DOP I/O node, and you have the vel field already in the list.

You have 2 DOP I/O : one for viewport and another one with th epurple render flag, which is the one that will be rendering.

Well, it's actually working in your test scene. You can check enabling/disabling "Allow Motion Blur" and rendering: you'll note some difference, even if the fluid res is low.

If you're using the shelf tools, it's imported automatically, in the DOP io node. If not, just set "Smoke" as preset for the Dop IO node. It's also possible the difference is just small, so it's hard to perceive it.

If you can’t notice the motion blur, you can increase it in the Mantra node, or you multiply the vel field as well.