FLIP SIM - How to stop bubbling

yeteatime

Hi! Houdini beginner here.

I'm learning FLIP sim and having trouble with it "bubbling" at the end. It's a water-filled glass breaking (bubbling_question.mp4). Towards the end, the liquid is constantly moving and is creating this "bubbling" look. I've tried adding a POP Speed Limit after certain frame, or setting POP Velocity to 0 after certain frame, but nothing seems to work.

How can I fix this? (I attached the hip file but I'm not sure if it'll work due to missing geos and caches: bubbling_question.hipnc)

Thank you!

-Y

Hi, did you meant those "flickering holes" showing up when water is flattened and sliding against the table? I hope there's better solution, otherwise you'll have to go much higher resolution. The meshing method is based on mainly pscale and distance among reseeded particles.. when two particles' distance is on the threshold, it's easy for the meshing between them disconnect and connect again, hence the flickering. You'll need to lower the particle separation in your sim. 

• Like 1

That is from an insufficiently high enough resolution. Crank that sucker, maybe even to 0.01 or lower. You'll want to use friction and bounce (on the solver) too. I'm a fan of a little bit of viscosity too, like just 1. Also in your solver, the volume motion > surface tension would be good to turn on too.

Turn on and play with filtering in the surfacer.

• Like 1