art3mis

Simulating wind from fan or turbine

After a lot of testing have a simulation that mostly works. The collision and velocity forces from the rotating fan are correctly advecting the smoke.

However, what is missing is any actual 'wind' force coming from the fan. As the fan rotation increases, there should be a visibly increasing force driving the smoke perpendicular to the fans rotation. Although my actual fan rotation is probably wrong, the video should make this clear.

Also attached my solver setup. Using velocity on both the velocity (3rd input) of my solver as well as a smaller amount post solve.

Can anyone suggest what I am missing?

missing_windForce.gif

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.28.19 AM.png

Edited by art3mis

as a PC builder, your fan rotation and airstreams don't matchup.

ie. in the 1st video, the fan is blowing air right to left. not sure of your intention but the airstream suggests it going left to right, so are you trying to blow it back to where it came from ?

Edited by Noobini

Yep thanks.

Either way need to somehow fake the wind force using a Fan Force node after my solver....

15 hours ago, art3mis said:

Yep thanks.

Either way need to somehow fake the wind force using a Fan Force node after my solver....

Hi art3mis. how did you do that kind of smoke effect?  I need to do this kind of effect