Teapot

stu

Because we all know that what the world needs is another CG teapot. :)

Wireframe

post-237-1155087390_thumb.jpg

Occlusion

post-237-1155087410_thumb.jpg

Final Render

post-237-1155087371_thumb.jpg

Here's the SOP network for the model, and I apologize for the mess in advance. :blush:

teapot.zip

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix it.

Great render stu, and very clean model.

Can you tell what SHOPs have you used for the teapot?

The SHOPs are custom VOPs, not because they're doing anything fancy, but just because it was convenient. One of the things that I didn't do but meant to was to vary the blur in the environment map in order to represent the different distances between the ground, trees, and sky, etc. from the pot itself. I think that a vertical change in the blur value across the map would have been good enough to pull off the illusion in this case. If I get a chance, I'll crank aout a new render.

Thanks all for the comments - if you see anything that could have been done better, please do so and post it here. :)

stu,

I think it looks really good. The model is perfect. The only things that I suggest changing is that the handle material looks "CG". It has a very rubbery feel to it. I think its needs a little spec/reflection added. Also I think the shadow being cast is not dark enough, but its hard to tell since the teapot is not in an environment. Otherwise I think its great! Nice work!

The SHOPs are custom VOPs, not because they're doing anything fancy, but just because it was convenient. One of the things that I didn't do but meant to was to vary the blur in the environment map in order to represent the different distances between the ground, trees, and sky, etc. from the pot itself. I think that a vertical change in the blur value across the map would have been good enough to pull off the illusion in this case. If I get a chance, I'll crank aout a new render.

Thanks all for the comments - if you see anything that could have been done better, please do so and post it here. :)

So is the standard metal lighting model with anisotropic speculars and an environment map?