Vellum Cloth bunching up overtime on animated character

truecats

Hello all,

A mocap actress walks catwalk style and turns around, walks backward, back and forth a few times.  I'm so close to getting this to look very realistic but I am having trouble with self collisions bunching up the fabric.   I attached an image of what my result issue looks like and the parameters I'm using.    If it's not any of these causing it, could it possibly be my pin to animation constraint?  It's the straight-forward Grouping Pts to pin and pinning to nearest on mesh in Permanent setting.   

Thank you for any advice.  Sadly, I can't share the project file.    

vel_cloth_parms.jpg

velcloth_overlaps.jpg

your skirt mesh looks a bit high res...my guess is the ave edge length would be shorter than your thickness in cloth settings. Try decreasing thickness, say 0.005 instead of default 0.01

ie. the collisions balls/proxies might be too big compare to your edgelength at the moment. Of course, I don't have your exact scenario so just speculating...but here's what I mocked up, on the left it's sorta bunching up, on the right, I decreased the thickness.

Cloth_thickness.jpg