FLIP- fluid going thru collision geometry

art3mis

With fast moving collision geometry and FLIP, what are some things to try to stop fluid from passing thru your geometry?

Things I've tried
- increasing substeps (using 8 currently)
- reducing particle separation (I'm at .01 currently)

What else should I try?

Edited by art3mis

Thanks Atom! Will have a look.

Went thru the Collisions Masterclass and seem to recall problems with leaking fluids but no 100% solution.

After reading the thread also had the same question as OP, re POP fluids, especially for table top size FLIP sims.

I notice in the animated gif the fluid never leaves the container, even when upside down. Is this expected behaviour?

Edited by art3mis

Hi there,

I don't know how you prepare your collision geo, I would also try create collision sdf and collisionvel then bring into dop instead of using the static object.

I would trail the collision geo to fill the gap between the frames, compute velocity , convert to sdf and create velocity field to use as a collisionvel. Then use source volume to bring it in and wire into flipsolver THE THIRD INPUT(if you wire into the fourth input as usual source volume, you will get no affect)

The good thing about collision field and collisionvel is that you can modify the scale of your collision velocity to affect the flip, also you can prepare your own sdf in the sop level(if you don't use proxy volume, the static object will create sdf every frame).

Hope this would help.