Cloth wrapping animation

So, I have a task to wrap rubber flexible mat around object. It  is 1x1 meter electric insulation, and i need animation than shows how to wrap mat step by step using hands. I'm very new in Houdini, and not have experience in vex or other scripting, i'm trying to use only nodes.

I came to next decision: I'm using vellum cloth as base, and some spheres in places where i grab cloth to move and drag. This spheres have vellum constraint "attach to geometry" with my cloth. And then i animate sphere moves, and simulate vellum. My problem is next - i don't need move all spheres all time, and in some moments i moving its manually, trying to simulate cloth real falling by gravity. So, how you can expect - it's weird. Does any way to detach and attach constraint attach to geometry not only at start frame, but through all my animaton time?

Cutting up the task into multiple shots will help you a lot. That way you don't need to have any continuity between actions.

I don't suspect that you'll need to use much or any scripting or vex.

Edited by kleer001