Delete volume attribute

kitsch

Hi,

I'm trying to advect and resample some lines with a pyro smoke. 

I import my pyro field with density and velocity(x,y,z) attributes, wich is what i want, and everything works fine, but now i'd like to delete one of the velocity attributes (let's say vel.z), so the lines only get advectec in two axis instead of the three.

I've tried the attributedelete node but there's no option for volumes attributes, i also tried to promote the vel.z attribute to some other type so i can delete it, but there's also no option.

Maybe i have to bind import it into a VOP and delete it there? I'm in a bit at a loss...

Capture.PNG.4c4d9d9a810db97f02c475afbe81d613.PNG

Sorry if the question is too dumb, but i couldn't find anything over internet.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, kfu said:

you can set it to zero using volume wrangle,say v@vel.z=0; for example if you want points stop moving at that dimension

Thanks, i'm still pretty new to vex and didn't think about the volume wrangle!

It's worth mentioning that those aren't really attributes, but rather volumes - a type of geometry (usually a box of voxels, voxel = 3d pixel). Thats why you couldn't delete it with an Attribute Delete SOP, and as you found out, you have to delete them in the same way you would delete a polygon for example.

10 minutes ago, Skybar said:

It's worth mentioning that those aren't really attributes, but rather volumes - a type of geometry (usually a box of voxels, voxel = 3d pixel). Thats why you couldn't delete it with an Attribute Delete SOP, and as you found out, you have to delete them in the same way you would delete a polygon for example.

Thanks for the clarification, i knew i had already read it in the cgwiki and it should have been obvious since the AttributeDelete didn't work.