space sphere apart with pscale attribute

using a line would be far simpler...but yes I can see your points coming from some particle emitter all from origin....but can be done.

the 0.1 should really be checked against the smallest pscale possible...or just be lazy...make the 0.1 be 0.0001

Lineup.jpg

vu_lineupSpheres.hiplc

Edited by Noobini
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Noobini said:

using a line would be far simpler...but yes I can see your points coming from some particle emitter all from origin....but can be done.

Lineup.jpg

vu_lineupSpheres.hiplc

Amazing, thank you! I'm working with points created with the Table Import sop. The points are created at the origin. 

I'm not exactly sure why your solution works. I guess @P.x = 0.1*@ptnum; starts them off in a line and the relax sop works like a solver to continue pushing them apart in that direction. 

this was helpful for me. 
thank  you. 

and now...for 'nearly' in any direction you want...

- So if you want to line them up in an ortho axis X/Y/Z, just nudge the slider in that axis abit and leave the other 2 at 0.

- if you leave one axis at 0 and nudge the other 2, then you get some angle...(this is still planar...hence I said 'nearly' any direction you want, there's probably a way so you can align the line in ANY direction then apply the relax...job for the VEX gurus...not me :P)

lineup2.jpg

vu_lineupSpheres2.hiplc

• Thanks 1