DELETE unshared edges and keep other edges.

FJsam

Hello, I wanted to remove the unshared edges and keep all the inner edges so I can use polywire later to make tube shapes from them, the thing is dissolve removes the whole thing ,even if i select the unshared edges group. 
Thanks a lot. 

help.PNG

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Ziyad said:

@CinnamonMetal Similar to what ibotatar mentioned above, on the convert line node set the group to your unshared edges and tick "remove unused points". 

I have a group sop with unshared edges toggled on and that is selecting all the opened group edges in the mesh. Although the convertline sop is not taking those edges which were created by the group sop and isolating just those group edges when used with the blast node sop on the group. 

2 hours ago, CinnamonMetal said:

I have a group sop with unshared edges toggled on and that is selecting all the opened group edges in the mesh. Although the convertline sop is not taking those edges which were created by the group sop and isolating just those group edges when used with the blast node sop on the group. 

How was your edges group created? Make sure your group type is set to edges, then in the convert line node just choose that group

image.thumb.png.863d22e3eb072b45f8e6afa1d44066a9.png

image.thumb.png.3d42dc7da1ecd69f4fe1264e69a21acf.png

4 hours ago, Ziyad said:

How was your edges group created? Make sure your group type is set to edges, then in the convert line node just choose that group

image.thumb.png.863d22e3eb072b45f8e6afa1d44066a9.png

image.thumb.png.3d42dc7da1ecd69f4fe1264e69a21acf.png

The group was created by holes within the mesh that I want to make groups from the edges of those holes in the mesh. I used the Group SOP with; unshared edges toggled on but if I blast the group away those edges of those holes in the mesh are not kept. 

12 hours ago, CinnamonMetal said:

The group was created by holes within the mesh that I want to make groups from the edges of those holes in the mesh. I used the Group SOP with; unshared edges toggled on but if I blast the group away those edges of those holes in the mesh are not kept. 

Is it okay if you can provide a hip file so I can have a look? Or at least a screenshot 

I've attached two screen shots, one of them is what the whole looks like from a view on the mesh that is readable; the second is the network graph which I'm getting the unshared edges. I want to keep the unshared edges but the rest of the mesh blast away. 

Although without blasting away the edges of the unshared edges only the mesh but keeping the unshared edges.

meshview.jpg

graphview.jpg