Pyro Simulation

lapd100

Im currently working on my uni project which involves putting a fire sim onto 6 bowling pins. The pins are animation as they are being juggled and i need to have the fire on the ends of each pin. Im struggling on where the fire is being emitted from. Currently its being emitted from the entire pin as i have it on volume scatter.

Capture.PNG

Try selecting the bottoms of all the pins. Move your mouse into the 3D viewport and press the S-KEY to enter that mode. After you have made the selection, add them to a group. Once you have a group, delete everything, except the points you selected in the group. Submit that piece of geo to the fuel creation, node.

17 hours ago, Atom said:

Try selecting the bottoms of all the pins. Move your mouse into the 3D viewport and press the S-KEY to enter that mode. After you have made the selection, add them to a group. Once you have a group, delete everything, except the points you selected in the group. Submit that piece of geo to the fuel creation, node.

I've tried selecting the area i want but its only letting me select the entire pin instead of just the end.

Capture.PNG

once you have your emitter figured out. You'll want to look into using the gas substep solver under your source dop to increase the substeps on your emitter because it's

moving so quickly.