Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Mac

BBox Rotate by Max Length?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Noobini said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

here's my virtually no VEX effort. The VEX I used is so basic any dunce would be able to decipher.

 

vu_AlignY.hiplc

This is practically what I have without the VOP.  =0)
I'm a dunce & this makes sense to me but I wouldn't have been able to work it out alone. So good to see another way of doing it guys thanks.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stevie Mac said:

Yes but I've made my own Fracture tool.  Maybe there's an answer in the RBDFracture tool then too.
Thanks for the help man.

ok since I don't really know your tool and its usage...maybe it is needed.

But for a whole bunch of wood planks pointing every which way...the rbdmaterial fracture does the grain with respect to individual longest side....if you tick on fracture per piece (instead of leaving it en masse)

I did try a peek inside it to see how it's done...but not very good at VEX I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys how do we get this to work with the geo tho as this is spitting out the Bounding box?
Also after adding the High poly geo the axis are off so my version doesn't work & niether does Noobini's.
How do I get the Geo in to match what we've done with the bounding boxes so I can use the Rest Node?

Thanks

Shed_H_Clean.bgeo.sc

vu_AlignY_HighGeo.hiplc

 

Edited by Stevie Mac
needed to add something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

keep orig in the bound ? might have to add a normal after..some weird crap going on.

Edited by Noobini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Noobini said:

keep orig in the bound ?

Nope tried that as I was gonna delete it after but somehow the rotations are wrong prob soemthing to do with axis being off so they need to be set.
It works with Alain 2131's heavy Vex one but man that thing is really complicated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i seem to get an orig plank here

orig.thumb.jpg.d7b40e5a69afa7e5851bb1b36add5a25.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noobini said:

i seem to get an orig plank here

orig.thumb.jpg.d7b40e5a69afa7e5851bb1b36add5a25.jpg

Is that the high poly Shed?  There is a few bits that could be deleted so it's prob one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw, that's a quick&dirty delete the bbox, prims 6-11, but what if your GEO is way more complexed, organic, maybe safer to groupbyrange, select the last 6 faces and blast them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Noobini said:

btw, that's a quick&dirty delete the bbox, prims 6-11, but what if your GEO is way more complexed, organic, maybe safer to groupbyrange, select the last 6 faces and blast them

Ok yours is working now.
How do I get the planks back to the original positions tho? I've tried adding a rest at the beining of the loop & the end but even after deleting the BBoxes its not working. 
It's saying the Typologies don't match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

morph it back to orig pos...personally I don't like this approach for some reason...there's got to be a more elegant way.

vu_AlignY_OrigGeo2.hiplc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Noobini said:

morph it back to orig pos...personally I don't like this approach for some reason...there's got to be a more elegant way.

vu_AlignY_OrigGeo2.hiplc

Ah right I didn't know you could do that, nice thanks for the help mate!
There does seem to be a few ways to do it out there but I've not found a simple one yet this'll do for now & I'll look into it more.

Thanks again mate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

righto, I think this is the more elegant solution where it stores the orig xform, then uses that to go back from Origin

Now you can do whatever you need to using the NICELY LINED UP PART off to the side. I don't really know if this workflow is usable in your tool since I don't have that. If not, just stick to the prev version.

vu_AlignY_OrigGeo3.hiplc

Edited by Noobini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

last one, promise !!!

This one has the uv quickshade as your pretend custom process...which could be anything....after that the pieces all get back to their orig world space nicely..taking the custom process results with them....the custom process is longer off to the side.

 

The only difference is the pieces are lined up to Y at Origin AND still being centered...ie. not being moved up to ground level as before, shouldn't be a showstopper I don't think.

vu_AlignY_OrigGeo4.hiplc

Edited by Noobini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Noobini said:

last one, promise !!!

This one has the uv quickshade as your pretend custom process...which could be anything....after that the pieces all get back to their orig world space nicely..taking the custom process results with them....the custom process is longer off to the side.

 

The only difference is the pieces are lined up to Y at Origin AND still being centered...ie. not being moved up to ground level as before, shouldn't be a showstopper I don't think.

vu_AlignY_OrigGeo4.hiplc

Ah this one is great man!
Just sad I couldn't work it out all the way but I got half way there.
It's nice to learn how you used the game tool nodes  as I haven't used any of those much or know what they all do.

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×