In Flip-Fluid sim, how can I change the attribute's value over time?

Masoud

Hello;

In a simple Flip simulation, I assigned an attribute (called "myAttrib") to the particles. Now I would like to change my attribute on some group of points over time.

The "Gravity" node changes the position of particles, so I can't use "SOP Solver"...  How can I change the attribute's value of (some) points, during the simulation?

Thanks for helping.

Flip.jpg

Flip_01.hip

3 hours ago, Masoud said:

Hello;

In a simple Flip simulation, I assigned an attribute (called "myAttrib") to the particles. Now I would like to change my attribute on some group of points over time.

The "Gravity" node changes the position of particles, so I can't use "SOP Solver"...  How can I change the attribute's value of (some) points, during the simulation?

Thanks for helping.

Flip.jpg

Flip_01.hip

maybe useful ... you can change attribute with the geometrywrangle node in dop 

Flip_01.hip

On 4/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, Masoud said:

Hello;

(...)

Hello Masoud,

I'm hijacking this thread because it seems you're not reading your private massages. I wrote to you few days ago asking you politely to put your questions in a proper subsections. You're already a frequent user of odforce, so this basic rule should be familiar to you.

After placing your posts manually for weeks, and then asking you literally to do it by yourself,  I've decided to warn you with negative point for posting FLIP related question to Lounge section. It seems to me you didn't understand my objective since your reaction was downgrading my posts in revenge. 

I'm making this public remark to clarify the issue and hopefully resolve it. Please start making use of subforum sections and please stop making it personal. It's not.

best regards,

Szymon

PS My personal message was:

Hi Masoud,

I hope you're doing fine in these difficult times. 

May I ask you to put your posts according to its subjects to an appropriate subsection of the forum? For example if there is 'VEX' world in posts' title, it's almost certainly belongs to Scripting subforum. Same with Vellum/RBD/Flip, they all should be placed in Effects.  

Thanks!

Hi"Szymon":

Sorry, I was too busy so I didn't check my message box, but posting 1 of my 322 threads in a less-related section was just a very simple mistake, but unfortunately, as you know, your negative point will remain in my history forever as a picky reaction. :huh:

best regards,

Masoud.