Imported obj models are invisible

I've tried importing several different objs into Houdini, all of which I've tested successfully beforehand in MeshLab. I've tried both file -> import -> geometry, and creating an file node manually. The node appears in the network but the model doesn't appear in the viewport. Why can't I see imported objs?

Screenshot from 2020-04-30 12-21-06.png

1 minute ago, Atom said:

Maybe scale or large offsets.

Try moving your mouse into the 3D viewport and pressing SPACE-G, to "go to" the imported geometry.

Ok, I can see it now, thank you. Still a bit weird that the model is gigantic and completely offset from where Houdini thinks it's center is. :(

Most objects in Houdini are 100 times smaller than the units of other DCCs.

Out of habit, I drop down a Transform node after the File node that brings in a .OBJ, and set the scale to 0.01.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Atom said:

Most objects in Houdini are 100 times smaller than the units of other DCCs.

Out of habit, I drop down a Transform node after the File node that brings in a .OBJ, and set the scale to 0.01.

Why is the center so far off? Is there way to correct that with another transform node or something like it?

you cn use Match Size SOP, which by default centers the object using it's bbox, but can do more, like place it on the ground, scale, etc

as to why is off center, you may need to ask the app which exported it