Vellum match animation make jittering

Ggradest

Hi. I try mixing hair and rbd destruction, but vellum "match animation" makes bad jittering.

OXUSQAM.gif

Here one point of each hair segment set to "Pin points". Disable  "match animation" solve this jittering so this moving  is caused by that.
Every stiffness value and substep can't remove this.

"Attach to geometry" makes more bad result.

keRUC0T.gif

Can anyone solve this problem?

Cheers!

hair.hiplc

Edited by Ggradest

Oh I found low Damping rate (~0.001) solve this.
But sometimes simulation breaks down.
It's a little absurd that the simulation is so unstable against the simplicity of setup, so I may overlook something.

Edited by Ggradest

Thanks Noobni!

The instability of this vellum seems to have many causes.
The culprits I found were number of Hair segments, length of the Hair, Groom Bend, and original RBD situation.
Bend in particular creates a mysterious bounce... It may not be compatible with vellum to express stability state.
The trick at the moment is not to do too many segments (around 8, not 16 or so), make the hair somewhat longer (0.2~), and avoid Bend...

Although, "match animation" seems to create a mysterious force in the simulation. If you visualize Stretch Rate or some stress values, you will see that it is displayed in red for a moment !

I've now added some Groom to Noobni's file. There is a mysterious bounce when Bend is turned on. This doesn't appear when the "match animation" is turned off, so it seems to be incompatible with each other.

Here Match animation : strange bounce
https://imgur.com/MzD3qVT.gif

Here off it : nothing strange
https://imgur.com/U1dkalE.gif

vu_hair.hiplc

Edited by Ggradest

the "strange bounce" or "mysterious force" it's not that mysterious, it is caused by orient attribute not being stable as it's being computed live on already animated geo at Hair Constraint stage, and since Match Animation for hair uses orient it's forcing it to twist as orient is changing randomly

you better precompute orient on static hair, I just added Oriantation Along Curve SOP (green node)

vu_hair_fix.hiplc

Wow! Thaaaaaanks anim!! It's just I needed...!!
I just realized "Compute Missing Orientation" parameter on vellum constraint property SOP...
I'll keep in mind that some kind of direction information like Orient is important for point-based calculations.
Thank you so much!