Any idea why? FLIP Sim losing cache in memory when scrubbing?

HM_2020

Hey guys, weird behavior lately in 18 and not sure if its something I've set or something that can be changed?

When I do a FLIP sim cached in memory, lets say 1001-1100, and then hit esc on frame 1075 to check on it, scrub timeline etc....instead of stopping on 1075, it will pop back in the timeline (lets say to 1025) and somehow I lose all the sim in memory from 1025-1075.  Strange random frame as I definitely was on frame 1001 when I hit play.

I swear this never happened before... it would always stop simming on the frame I was on, and I could easily scrub anywhere up to its fame without loss.

Also I usually set my Mplay range to be $RSTART+1 so it does not go to the first frame and reset the sim, which usually would just make a Mplay sequence etc.  Now it seems to sometimes ignore the +1 and jump to the first frame, lose the sim in memory and resim!

Really doing my head in as its never been an issue, so I wonder have I set something or has this changed in 18?

*yes I have enough memory set in the cache on the DOP, etc... 

Cheers!

Edited by HM_2020

Cheers for the replies.

No I am not flipbooking, I am simply playing from first frame, to see the sim while its simming, and then stop it to scrub it or flipbook it.  Again sometimes it pops back to a random frame, and loses from that frame onward all the memory in cache.  Or if I do flipbook it sometimes disregards the +1 and goes to first frame, losing the entire cache in memory.

In last 7+ years I have NEVER had this happen so am wondering what the hell I must have set by accident or perhaps is wrong.

Sorry Masoud its a work scene, will try to make an example.

Edited by HM_2020