Hit data in SOPs

rayt

Hi,

As the title says, I'm trying to make hit data in sops. To expand on that I have a sequence of points moving through a piece of geometry and I would like to create a point that lasts for one frame at the point of intersection on the geometry. Is this possible? I have a rough setup that uses nearestpoint and fuse, but the points I am getting are not accurate enough for what I am trying to accomplish. Mostly because the moving points are very fast and all have random speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ive attempted it with the intersect although i cant seem to make it work based on the speed of my points. A lot of the time they are in front or behind the intersecting geometry leaving only subframe intersections. Do you happen to have an example?

You can calculate vector between point position at current frame and next frame. And use it in interesect vex function. It will always create point at plus minus time of the intersection. I used it for bullet hits setups.