Align using meta value

Hi guys I'm trying to get the align node to just put the current loop name in the 'Align To' box.
So into the 2nd algin input is the same geo named the same as teh first input so if I just type a name e.g. BACK in the it all works fine!
So I need the 'Align To' to just either read the name attrib of the current loop or the value of the metadata which reads the name.
Sadly, name, @name, detail(-1,"value",0); (with the extra input) & I've linked to the meta node without the extra input but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Name.JPG

name02.JPG

4 hours ago, Stevie Mac said:

I've read this but still can't see where I'm going wrong.

Hm, if you need to get current loop number you should ask for "iteration" in second block.
detail("../block_begin1_n", "iteration", 0)

Edited by fencer

But the 'Align To' is looking for a name string so wouldn't 'iteration' give me an integer?
I need the Align To to match the name of what is coming into it's 2nd input.
So if the current iterations name is BACK if I type in back in the 'Align To' it all works fine I just need that to read the name attrib somehow.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Stevie Mac said:

But the 'Align To' is looking for a name string so wouldn't 'iteration' give me an integer?
I need the Align To to match the name of what is coming into it's 2nd input.
So if the current iterations name is BACK if I type in back in the 'Align To' it all works fine I just need that to read the name attrib somehow.

Thanks

Align To - Which primitive to align to. If blank aligns to first primitive in the auxiliary input.

Edited by fencer