VEX for artists

kiryha

I have a Houdini GitHub repo where (in addition to the code section, which is the Houdini pipeline for my personal projects) I store all my R&D notes related to the pipeline developing and programming organized as one wiki.

The valuable part of this wiki is VEX for Artists tutorial, where I record everything I was able to understand about VEX in form of tutorials, so it might be useful not only for me but for anybody else, who is going the same route of learning programming from scratch. It was built by a guy with an artistic background and no technical education and skills, so it might be suitable for the same type of peoples. Easy and clean, a lot of simplification, a lot of explanation of basics.

This VEX tutorial was just updated with a new section: Solving problems with VEX. Here, using the basic blocks studied earlier we will create something meaningful for the production. The first example we look into is the creation of a hanging wire between 2 points.

wire_solution_01.thumb.png.8b4d24f9928bdb98632fca127e8ce743.png

For those who tried or even afraid to begin to learn VEX but fail and stop because it was too hard. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6