How to avoid tiny pieces while fracturing with voronoi ?

xanter

Hi ! 

The main purpose is to create object with fractures but fractures should be more denser at certain area , in my case box corner.
to achieve that I used 2 vdbs with different densities and combine them , then I scattered points inside volume and got what I needed. then put inside DOP and create sim , but the areas with smaller fractures are too small.

I know I can decrease point amount in that certain area but it creates that small tiny pieces anyway , those pieces are moving very fast with impulse node , I applied drag force but I would rather prefer to have bigger pieces than applying drag.

what can I do to avoid tiny fractures in voronoi sop ?  

image1 - smaller pieces in corner area , that's good and what I was looking for , but image 2 shows that It also produces very tiny pieces, which is not good for my purpose.

i want smaller pieces to be just little bit smaller, like those ones which are moving slightly upwards on image 2 , not like those ones that are launching like a bullets (inside green rectangle)

houdini2.jpg

houdini1.jpg

Edited by xanter

what is it with ppl lately not posting their files ? Hollywood NDA? IP worth a billion dollars ?

FMD, there's even one begging for help without posting the file, soon as he got help somewhere else...he edited out the post and wanted the post deleted....I'll remember the username and make sure never to help that poster, just me, call me rude all you want.

here's a file, FMD some ppl are sooooooooooooooooo F***ing precious with their files....

but hey, if there's no answer within an hour....then it's really ? no one wants to help ?....this forum so unhelpful...bump bump bump.

smalls.gif

vu_vorofrac_avoidsmalls.hiplc

7 hours ago, Noobini said:

what is it with ppl lately not posting their files ? Hollywood NDA? IP worth a billion dollars ?

FMD, there's even one begging for help without posting the file, soon as he got help somewhere else...he edited out the post and wanted the post deleted....I'll remember the username and make sure never to help that poster, just me, call me rude all you want.

here's a file, FMD some ppl are sooooooooooooooooo F***ing precious with their files....

but hey, if there's no answer within an hour....then it's really ? no one wants to help ?....this forum so unhelpful...bump bump bump.

smalls.gif

vu_vorofrac_avoidsmalls.hiplc

let me ask you what tha f..k you didn't understand from nodal tree screenshot, it's simple as hell .... 

))))  you're right , I had to upload file , but as problem is solved no need to do that anymore.

I myself don't like people who hiding their files like chicken their eggs , I agree with you.

thank you for file, but it was different , labs tool delete small parts is not doing anything... 

Edited by xanter

20 minutes ago, xanter said:

let me ask you what tha f..k you didn't understand from nodal tree screenshot, it's simple as hell .... 

Screenshots of the node tree are not helpful because people can't see the parameter values you used.

16 hours ago, xanter said:

what can I do to avoid tiny fractures in voronoi sop ?  

This gif should illustrate how a voronoi diagram works and how to avoid small pieces.

Voronoi_growth_euclidean.gif

23 minutes ago, dleonhardt said:

Screenshots of the node tree are not helpful because people can't see the parameter values you used.

This gif should illustrate how a voronoi diagram works and how to avoid small pieces.

My reaction was like that because his reaction was informal and rude , but in same time I understand he's right. 

I know small pieces are because of a points close to each other , they have to be separated equally to have equally generated fractures.

I resolved that issue but not touching point separation in scatter, the problem was points that goes outside the box boundary 

if you have points that goes outside and you generate  voronoi with it , it will cause small tiny pieces... 

But ok, I think the best way to generate more points in areas you want is to generate/create more volume density in those areas some kind of (density gradient) with more density in area when more points required to generate more fractures.

does that easily doable with volume vops?

thank you for help 

Edited by xanter