(Solved)Rigid Bodies active by geometry

gangland

hello guys,

i with a scene that has an moving tire, while it pass the on the surface the gravel begin to fly and blow away.

i scattered an bunch of geometry into the surface.

in the dop level, ive used SOP solver in pre-solve to give the active=1 to the points(and "hold" the active 1 using an solver) 

but none of this shit worked, ive messing around and debuging the spreadsheet with no luck att all, i lost.

Thanks 

ps: i will attach an simple setup of this

active_by_geometry_v00.hip

4 hours ago, gangland said:

hello guys,

i with a scene that has an moving tire, while it pass the on the surface the gravel begin to fly and blow away.

i scattered an bunch of geometry into the surface.

in the dop level, ive used SOP solver in pre-solve to give the active=1 to the points(and "hold" the active 1 using an solver) 

but none of this shit worked, ive messing around and debuging the spreadsheet with no luck att all, i lost.

Thanks 

ps: i will attach an simple setup of this

active_by_geometry_v00.hip

Hi,

you don't have to use a solver sop into sopsolver dop. A solver sop is dopnetwork with sopsolver dop node in SOP context (dive into the sopsolver and you can see it). Work inside your sopsolver dop as if you inside solver sop already. See the attachment and pay attention that you are packing your geo twice: first in copy sop, second in assemble sop.

active_by_geometry_v01.hipnc

7 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

Hi,

you don't have to use a solver sop into sopsolver dop. A solver sop is dopnetwork with sopsolver dop node in SOP context (dive into the sopsolver and you can see it). Work inside your sopsolver dop as if you inside solver sop already. See the attachment and pay attention that you are packing your geo twice: first in copy sop, second in assemble sop.

active_by_geometry_v01.hipnc

wooow that was a crystal clear solution bud!

the explanation concerning the sopsolver/solver sop. was awesome.

and  apparently the vex function max is doing the magic.

thanks!!

• gangland changed the title to (Solved)Rigid Bodies active by geometry