installing HOU Engine 3dsMax 2021

Follyx

I have to install the HOU Engine for 3dsmax and MAX 2021 itself. Necessary for a customer file with Thinking Particles.

I already have 18.0.532 installed and the plugins are installed in the intended path. But for Max there is just one plugin, no scripts and nothing anything else. Also work with Maya and there are menus for the engine in it. If I choose to install the Engine plugins during installation of houdini and do not choose to install for 3dsmax explicitly are the files for Max nevertheless installed or just this one said plugin for MAX? I'm not sure if the Houinstaller asked for each application at all? Of course I could install Houdini again but I'm not sure that all my settings retained? Are they? Just installing the Engine plugins isnt possible in the installer.

So:
Are my settings retained in case that I reinstall Houdini?
Is there a way to download the actual (Github: updated on 31 Oct 2018 ) Houdini Engine plugins? Are they still in development?
How to configure 3dsmax manually? Already gave the plugin path for the engine plugin in it, its loaded but no Menüs or other.

Thanks in advance and a good day ^^

Edited by Follyx

pretty sure you can install just the engines after the fact..note it says 2017+ means...Max 2017 or later all inclusive (but if you have just Max 2021...then of course the dlu for 2017 will not be installed)

(naturally when you say you already have 18.0.532....I take it as NOT Apprentice coz just stop right there if it is Apprentice, engines won't work)

Hengines.jpg

Edited by Noobini

sorry for the late reply, was in deadline.

I have o reinstall HOU if I want to get the installer page with the selection of the engine plugins. Otherwise there is no chance to select them. And so I'am on my first question of my summary:
" Are my settings retained in case that I reinstall Houdini? ".

Edited by Follyx

11 hours ago, Follyx said:

sorry for the late reply, was in deadline.

I have o reinstall HOU if I want to get the installer page with the selection of the engine plugins. Otherwise there is no chance to select them. And so I'am on my first question of my summary:
" Are my settings retained in case that I reinstall Houdini? ".

hmm...you're right, have to install the main app to get to the engine screen...dunno

or what about getting just the engine (FREE) here:

https://www.sidefx.com/buy/#houdini-indie

I won't be getting my 18.5 indie for a few days yet so can't confirm anything.

also FYI,

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/3dsmax/_getting_started.html

so maybe Silent Install is another option...I'm still waiting for all the guinea pigs to test out 18.5 for a few days yet. If they blow up their PCs...no cost to me...simply shrug shoulders.

Actually: scratch that...it may be silent...but it would still be installing the main app i'd say...silly me.

Edited by Noobini